Mineral Specimen and Product Inventory Search
- Featured in Special Editions
- Boron, Kern Co., California, United States
- 10 x 6 x 6 cm - Cabinet
- Ore Minerals
An excellent specimen showing the fibrous nature of Ulexite used in fiber optics. Also called "TV rock" Ulexite as the remarkable property of transferring light through its fibers by the refraction of light even when bent.
- Wood mine, Central City dist., Gilpin Co., Colorado, United States
- 6 x 4 x 2.5 cm - Sm Cabinet
- Special Info
The specimen is sawed flat on two sides and shows the black formless masses of dull black uraninite. It is interesting to study. The Uraninite looks as though it impregnated and/or perhaps replaces the Pyrite or just cements the brecciated rock. Yes it is hot and will be wrapped in lead foil for shipping adding to the cost.
- Maly Punkauaiv Mountain, Lovozero Massif, Kola Peninsula, Russia
- 3.7 x 3.3 x 2 cm - Miniature
Solid mass of faint purple Ussingite.